Michael (Mick) P. Judge focuses his practice on resolving legal issues for restructured families. With nearly two decades of experience, Mick is a compassionate yet fierce advocate, skilled negotiator, and experienced litigator. He handles all aspects of settlement and trial family law, as well as probate litigation matters.
Mick handles all aspects of domestic relations litigation. His areas of concentration include divorce, separation, child custody, child support, alimony, property division, paternity, adoption, 209A restraining orders, as well as modification and contempt matters. Mick also assists clients in pre-divorce strategy planning, as well as developing pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements.
Mick has successfully handled a wide variety of litigation matters involving custody disputes, complex support and asset division, business valuation, inheritance, domestic violence, and relocation matters.
In addition to Mick’s litigation work, he is a certified Conciliator and is appointed by the Massachusetts Trial Court to serve as Special Master, Attorney for Children and parent coordinator.
Prior to joining Casner & Edwards, Mick was a partner in the Private Client Group at Burns & Levinson, LLP in Boston.
Honors & Awards
The Best Lawyers in America – Family Law, Family Law Mediation, 2022-2024
Boston Magazine, "Top Lawyers" – Divorce & Family Law, 2021-2023
Massachusetts Super Lawyers – Family Law, 2022-2023
Massachusetts Super Lawyers, "Rising Star"
CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Trial Preparation
CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Trial Practice
JD, New England School of Law
BA, cum laude, University of New Hampshire
- Member, Greater Boston Family Law Inn of Court
- Member, American Academy of Certified Financial Litigators
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Vesta Divorce — Boston Hub Professional Divorce Team, Newton Professional Divorce Team
- Former Council Member, Massachusetts Bar Association’s Family Law Section Council, 2016-2017
- Member, Boston, Norfolk, and Worcester Bar Associations
- Member, American Bar Association
- Former Board Member, Board of Trustees, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), 2016-2017
- Former Board Member, Board of Directors, Friends of the West Roxbury Branch Library, 2013-2015
- Author, Massachusetts Divorce Law Practice Manual, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE), 3rd edition
- Speaker, Vesta Divorce Webinar on Parenting and Co-Parenting During COVID-19, 2020
- Speaker, The ABC’s of Divorce, Burns & Levinson Divorce Meet-Up Seminar, 2017-2019
- Speaker, The Dos and Don’ts of Asset Division and Estate Planning Pre and Post-Divorce, Burns & Levinson Divorce Meet-Up Seminar, 2016-2019
- Faculty Member, Complex Issues in Spousal Support, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE), 2018
- Conference Co-chair, Massachusetts Bar Association’s 27th Annual Family Law Conference, 2017
- Faculty Member/Moderator, Ask the Experts: Raise the Bar! Massachusetts Bar Association’s 25th Annual Family Law Conference, 2015
- Speaker, Evidentiary Challenges in Divorce Cases: From Writings and Photos to Text Messages and Social Media, Live Webinar, Strafford Publications, 2015