Lorraine (Lo) Stark focuses her practice on all areas of probate and family court litigation. She represents clients in divorce, paternity, child custody, child support, alimony, property division, removal, adoption, as well as modification and contempt matters. Lo also assists clients in pre-marital planning, including pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements. Her fiduciary litigation practice includes guardianships and conservatorships, will contests and representation for trustees, executors and beneficiaries.
For more than a decade, Lo has been a tireless, deeply committed and effective advocate for her clients and consistently secures favorable results for them. Her successes involve securing disproportionate divisions of marital estates, invalidating will and trust documents when the circumstances warranted, and ensuring unemancipated minors end up with the protective parent in custody battles. Lo’s ability to relate to her clients, irrespective of their backgrounds and experiences, makes her a fierce champion of her clients in an often stressful and emotionally charged process.
Prior to joining Casner & Edwards, Lorraine was a partner in the Private Client Group at Burns & Levinson LLP in Boston.
Honors & Awards
The Best Lawyers in America, “Ones to Watch” - Family Law, 2021-2024
Massachusetts Super Lawyers, “Rising Star,” 2017-2023
Boston Magazine, “Top Lawyers” - Divorce & Family Law, 2022-2023
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
JD, Boston University School of Law
BA, Wellesley College
- Member, Boston Bar Association Family Law Steering Committee
- Member, MCLE: Family Law Curriculum Advisory
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Contributing Author, “Massachusetts Divorce Law Practice Manual,” MCLE, Inc., 2016, 2018
- Faculty Member, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) Program, “Domestic Relations Financial Summit,” 2022
- Panelist, Boston University of Law Career Conference Series, Bench Meets Bar Event, Panelist, 2020
- Speaker, “Massachusetts Bar Association Divorce Primer: A View from the Bar,” 2016
- Speaker, “Know Your Rights Program,” 2016