Drew S. Douglas-Steele provides a wide array of legal services to nonprofit entities, including assistance with formation, day-to-day operations, and tax-exempt status.
Drew also has significant experience helping healthcare and life sciences organizations in a variety of regulatory, compliance, and contract matters, including preparation and negotiation of clinical trial agreements and material transfer agreements, development of institutional review board standard operating procedures, analyses of state privacy breach laws, and consent to disclosure of medical information laws.
Prior to joining Casner, she was an associate in the healthcare practice of several prominent Boston law firms.
Honors & Awards
The Best Lawyers in America, "Ones to Watch," - Corporate Law, Health Care Law, Nonprofit/Charities Law, 2024
JD, Duke University School of Law
BA, Amherst College
- Advises medical device company in preparation and negotiation of equipment purchase, placement, maintenance, and service agreements; creates internal guidelines to direct company’s agreement negotiations
- Advises academic medical centers in preparing and negotiating clinical trial agreements directly with industry sponsors and contract research organizations
- Assists academic medical center with preparation of clinical trial and institutional review board standard operating procedures
- Researches state laws on consent to disclosure of health information by minors and incapacitated adults
- Analyzes state security breach laws and prepare breach notification letters for pharmaceutical company
- Advises academic medical center in export of investigational drugs internationally for clinical trial participation during COVID-19 pandemic
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers