Christopher Maffucci maintains a general civil litigation practice representing businesses, non-profit entities, and professionals involved in contract disputes, employment issues, regulatory matters, and property taxation. Chris's practice also includes real estate, land use and construction litigation, representing real estate brokers, developers, and contractors when disputes arise out of transactions, property development, or construction contracts. He has handled trials and appeals in state and federal courts in Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania, and has extensive experience in arbitration and mediation.
He has advised several non-profit organizations pro bono with respect to their affordable housing programs and the land use issues that arise out of them, including an artist cooperative involved in a major affordable housing/artist work-space development in Boston.
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
JD, summa cum laude, Temple University
BA, summa cum laude, Temple University
- Obtained a settlement in excess of $1 million for the client (manufacturer) that had a defective solar power installation on the factory’s roof.
- Obtained a settlement in excess of $700,000 for the client (commercial landlord) against a former tenant.
- Obtained a settlement in excess of $1 million for the client (former employee and shareholder) against the company.
- Obtained a defense verdict for the client (real estate broker) accused of selling a house with undisclosed defects.
- Won a substantial verdict in an age discrimination case for the client (employee) terminated after twenty years with the company.
- Won a substantial verdict for the client (physician) against physician’s former medical practice.
- Obtained a defense verdict for the client (real estate broker) charged with failing to disclose an easement which diminished the land’s value.
- Obtained a verdict for the client (real estate agent) in a commission dispute with the seller.
- Successfully exonerated two real estate licensees from Board of Registration prosecutions.
- Successfully prosecuted the client’s (landowner) nuisance claim against a neighboring industrial business.
- Former Editor, Rhodes Real Estate Review