Peter I. Dunn, a partner in Casner & Edwards’ Business & Corporate Group, will serve as chair at the Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education’s (MCLE) “Representing Micro Brewers” Program on February 1, 2017 from 2:00-5:00 p.m.
The MCLE program will focus on the business of craft brewing in Massachusetts, and how a multi-disciplinary team of advisors is essential to helping these businesses achieve their goals. Specifically, Mr. Dunn and fellow panelists will cover:
- Introduction to the craft brewing business and overview of the industry
- Regulations regarding the production, distribution and sale of craft brew products in Massachusetts—including those governing farmer-wineries, farmer-breweries, brew pubs and farmer distilleries—and an update on proposed regulatory changes
- Organizing the business, formulas, trademarks, shareholder agreements, raising capital and unique structuring issues when fundraising for craft brew producers
- Special issues in debt financing the craft brew business
- Inside views from a craft brewer
MCLE is the Massachusetts legal community's premier provider of hands-on educational programs and reference materials. Its particular focus is applied law: practical, highly concrete training for attorneys in the essential elements of professional practice.
About Casner & Edwards, LLP
Casner & Edwards, LLP represents businesses, individuals and institutions across New England and around the world, providing the core legal services they need to succeed. Clients work directly with a team of expert attorneys, and can expect full attention, seasoned advice, top quality work, and good value.