Stanley Cygelman concentrates his practice in the corporate and intellectual property areas, where he regularly counsels his clients in all stages of their lifecycle:
- from initial organization of start-up ventures, including founder agreements, employee equity incentive arrangements, and acquisition and protection of intellectual property rights;
- through their growth and operating stages, providing advice in areas of equity financings, strategic partnerships, licensing arrangements and other business transactions; and
- through exit transactions, including in the context of financially distressed situations or arising out of owner disputes.
Stan's more than thirty years of practice encompasses representation of emerging-growth companies and mature middle-market businesses across most business sectors. In addition to his involvement with technology based ventures, a significant portion of his practice involves representation of professional services providers, including several advertising agencies. He also advises private investors in financings of emerging companies, as well as executives of private and publicly held companies in connection with executive compensation strategies.
- United States Tax Court
- United States Court of Customs and Patent Appeals
- United States Court of Claims
- JD, cum laude, Suffolk University Law School
- Master's Degree in Tax Law, Boston University Graduate School of Taxation
- BS in Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology